With the release of the new film ‘The festival’ it got us thinking about our favourite festival updo’s. Take a look at our summer fave’s and our easy ‘how to guide’ to get an easy festival messy bun.
The guide to an easy messy bun
- tie your hair up in a pony tail using a plain hair bobble.
- take a section from the pony tail and using a fine tooth comb and back comb the hair.
- take another section and back comb
- repeat till all of the pony tail is back combed
- take one section of the backcombed hair and wrap around the original bobble
- use some Kirby grips to pin in place
- take the other sections and repeat. pin them securely in place.
- pull the hair out a bit to create the ‘messy’ look.
- spray using your favourite hairspray. have you tried the Wella performance hairspray? its hand’s down our go to hairspray giving you a great hold without the sticky mess!
- use some tigi headrush to give a gorgeous shine!
- voila! you’re festival ready!
Just a huge big thank you to all our clients who are enjoying our refurb as much as us. We are so excited for our new look salon. We are guessing we are half way through and what an adventure it has been so far. Today the rain brought us an extra challenge with our al fresco reception area and our pop up barber shop. I still have not had the afternoon Gin and Lemonade that many of you have mentioned!!
Watching the daily developments in the salon is fascinating. All of our builders take such pride in their work, they work tirelessly to keep to schedule and give into our ‘reasonable demands’ which change on a daily basis. It is always interesting when you start work on an old building the amount of history you learn especially from you, our valued clients. We think it may have been an old coaching inn back in the day and just to think of how many people have passed through the building for so many reasons it is amazing to say the least.
Our extra late night on a Monday for our Hair Loss Clinic is proving to be a great success, it is very rewarding to help so many of our clients.
Thank you again and I look forward to updating you very soon about the next step.
We love the new Body Oil from Moroccanoil. Infuse your skin with the nourishing properties of argan, olive and avocado oils. The powerful benefits of this antioxidant-rich formula lock in moisture and improve overall appearance for healthy looking radiant skin. This oil dissolves into your skin and makes it feel truly amazing, moisturized without oily residues. This is the perfect time of year to treat your skin to a powerful hydrating Oil.
For those of you who love the Moroccan Hair Oil, their is a special offer on the combination of 100ml Hair Oil and 50ml Body Oil for £40, a saving of over £14.85.
This is the beautiful work recently created by Lucy our graduate stylist. Lucy has been with us at Christos for 2 years now. If you want balayage Lucy is the stylist for you.
Favourite hair product: Moroccan oil root boost and Wella hydrate mist.
Favourite styling technique: Beach/Messy waves
Inspiration: Bleach London and Vidal Sassoon
Favourite hair up: Messy bun, Dutch plaits
Favourite colouring technique: Foiling, Balayage
Lucy is with us full time so give our Newport Pagnell Salon a call today to book an appointment in with her on 01908 611277
🙌 • Product appreciation post • 🙌
Here are our summer must have products to give you gorgeous locks💁♀️💁♀️💁♀️
• Wella performance hairspray •
this light hairspray will give you great hold without making your hair super sticky and attractive to wasps!🐝
•Tigi after party •
this product is one of our faves, with an amazing smell it tames fly away hair and gives a super shiny finish 💕
•System professional dry conditioner•
did you know you can use dry conditioner just after you’ve washed your hair? This amazing product gives a beautiful shine and helps to lock in moisture to protect your hair from humidity. A summer must have💁♀️
•Eimi thermal image •
heat protection at its best. We’ve used this for years! A couple of sprays and your hair is fully protected from heat🔥
•Solar helio spray •
with our amazing summer why not add this to your beauty regime? With built in UV protection this product will protect your hair from even the strongest rays! It’s water resistant and helps prevent your colour from fading in the sun! ☀️
We are one week into our salon refurbishment and are excited to see the work underway as we create a wonderful new salon especially for you.
It is still business as usual and we have a temporary entrance via Union Street, just follow the signs and you will soon be greeted by our popup barber shop.
The great news is that the air con is working, the tea (or something cooler in this weather) is flowing and all our stylists are on hand to get you looking fabulous this summer.
Key highlights for the works include;
– Barbering services are business as usual with appointments and drop ins available with Steph, Cad and Mark. Don’t forget we have late night opening on Thursday too.
– All colour, cutting and speciality services remain the same and we have some availability throughout July and August to get you ready for your holidays.
– We have some availability for prom and festival hair but spaces are booking up fast so please get in touch.
– Patient Hair Care is open as usual and we have added two additional late nights on Monday and Tuesday for all clients that are experiencing hair loss or hair thinning.
This refurbishment is the result of the feedback from our clients and team and will incorporate many of the ideas that they have shared. We would like to reassure you that the renovation costs will be funded by Christos and you will not see any price increases to our services as a result of the refurbishment.
Thank you all for your continued support and we look forward to seeing you in the salon soon.
To book an appointment please call us on 01908 611277
We are very excited to receive the Autumn/Winter collection of the Christine Headwear.
These new stunning pieces come in a variety of different colours and styles. From scarves to caps these headwear pieces can look elegant, stylish and really glam up an outfit for all Christmas related occasions.
The Chrisitne Headwear turbans are extremely comfortable, light and breathable to wear. They will keep you cool when warm and comfortable when the body gets cold.
Here are some of our favourite new pieces from the Autumn/Winter 2017 range.