Did you know that Nioxin is the No.1 Brand in the World right now for hair loss and hair thinning.
Its the key ingredients that make this product stand out from the rest. Peppermint oil is used as an antibacterial aid to really cleanse the scalp and remove any build up. White Tea extract provides moisture balance to hair and scalp.
Alot of our patients undergoing chemotherapy are recommended onto the nioxin kits once the hair is growing back. It can take up to 3 months from the final dose of chemo for it to completely leave the body all together. it is not recommended to have a Dermabrasion for at least 6 months following the final dose.
As the hair starts to grow back, they can be put on system kits 2, 4 or 6. If chemo is causing the scalp sensitivity the Scalp Revitiliser balm can be used to sooth the scalp and can be applied as often as required.
Finally we can go into summer with these amazing new Moroccan oil texture products. Designed to help create volume, beach waves and root support.
We have been trialing out these products in the salon this week and we’re liking what we see 🙂
Firstly, we have been using the Texture Clay, its moldable ability defines and sculptures the hair to create a strong hold and matte finish. Great for the men but also for the ladies we have found a small amount on dry wavy/curled hair can roughen up the hair and make it look more casual. Ingredients include, shea butter, argan oil and bentonite clay.
Secondly, we have the Beach Wave Mousse, for long lasting beach hair at anytime of the year. It is designed to provide tousled texture while keeping the hair hydrated at the same time. We have found that the mousse needs a really good shake before using as the oil is in twined with the mousse so can come out a bit runny. For best results air-dry or diffuse hair.
Thirdly, the Dry Texture Spray is infused with argan oil it helps create effortless undone styles but with a long lasting hold. We have found that spraying it in at the roots (not too close to the scalp) can help build a foundation and a bit of grit for backcombing or hair up, if you struggle to get volume in your hair this spray will help achieve it.
As we come to the 2nd month of the year, we are well in the routine of clean eating and regular exercise. But like everyone, we find February can be harder to keep you motivated then January, especially as the weather stays grey and miserable. Here are our ‘Quick Tips’ of things we carry in our gym bags to help make the ‘getting ready for work’ routine easier and quicker.
- Showering at the gym. If swimming it is important to use a cleansing shampoo that will remove the chlorine build up. 2 shampoos are required- this may seem like its taking up time but will benefit the hair in the long run and make life easier when it comes to styling.
- Moroccan Oil 25ml. The small travel size Moroccan Oil is the perfect size for a gym bag, put a small amount through your hair after it has been washed and towel dried. The argan oil in this product makes it easier to detangle the hair and takes off 40% of the drying time-this can definitely speed up getting ready.
- The Wet Brush. Mostly to benefit longer hair; the bristles on this brush are much softer than others so will go through the hair better without pulling, this will avoid trying to use a comb through the tangles.
- For Men. The SP Gentle Shampoo is a must have as it is a shampoo and shower gel in one this saves packing 2 separate products. Our Dear Barber products are easy and simple to use to style your hair aswell.
- Hairbands, kirby grips and crocodile clips. These are essential for making life easier when getting ready in the morning. Crocodile clips can be used to section the hair when styling and also clip any fringes out the way when applying make up. Hairbands can be great if you do not want to style your hair and also keeping hair out of the way in the shower if you just need to wash a fringe or not wash your hair at all.
- Easy to apply make up! Most of us at the salon have our eyelashes done so this definitely takes off the mascara time, we find the eye power is great for quickly applying eyebrows which doesn’t leave much else to do!
Finally….Breakfast: If you have a busy job like us where you are on the go and constantly standing, we find it is very beneficial to have a high protein breakfast like an omelette with bacon, or a protein shake and banana, any food that adds fuel to the body and is slowly releasing energy is great for us hairdressers.
Its all about finding a routine that suits you and sticking to it! Here’s to the next healthy month 🙂 🙂 🙂
The Quiff has been one of the most popular mens haircuts to sport over the last couple of years with many modern variations from the classic James Dean quiff we all know of.
Here are our favorite quiffs and tips on how to style them.
Classic: Make sure your stylist keeps the hair long on the top than the back and sides this will insure you get the required look. It doesn’t matter how short the back and sides go, obviously the shorter you go and the more length that remains on top the more dramatic it will look. Once dried use clay or fiber style products to help put in place.
Short: Use a hairdryer and your fingers to dry the hair up to help get volume, then using a small amount of clay, mold into shape. Hairspray can give longevity to this style.
Side Partings: Using a comb, put the parting into place, use a small round brush to dry the hair in desired direction then add some pomade onto the hair to give it that neat slick peaky blinder look.
Long: Where the hair is fuller through the back and sides, mousse can be used when the hair is wet to achieve volume, then use a denman brush with the hairdryer to direct all of the hair back to get the height with a moulding/creamy style wax scrunched into the hair for a messy approach or spray gel through the hair to smooth.
Our barbers recommend the Dear Barber products to help create all of the above looks. You can come into our salon to find out more about these products.
We have been having lots of fun over the last few months testing out and trying the new updated System Professional range from wella.
The thing we love most about it? It has a unique profile that determines, hair condition, elasticity and porosity, once this information has been put into the app each client will get their own personal energy code recommending what products will best suit their hair requirements. There are over 174 million possible outcomes making this a very bespoke hair care regime.
All of the products have remained in their categories which are:
- Balance, with its exclusive dermacain complex, balance relaxes the scalp protecting it against irritation and letting it form a protective barrier.
- Purify, this line helps to combat dandruff, with zinc pyrithione and witch hazel extract to reduce inflammations and sooth the scalp.
- Color Save, with the fibrochrome complex to maintain the luminosity of coloured hair and protect the cuticle, beeswax and uv filter help to prevent damage from uv lights and build a color loss barrier.
- Repair, designed to make hair more resistant and improve combability, hydrolized keratin and amino tsp help to restore the internal structure of the hair and nourish and protect.
- Luxe Oil, includes 3 luxury nurturing oils; almond, argan and jojoba to create liquid luxury for all hair types.
- Solar, uv filters and avocado oil helps the hair withstand uv rays for longer.
- Hydrate, the best ingredients are used to help hydrate your hair, these include; glycerine, glucose and fructose for moisture balance and to prevent the hair growing out.
- Volumize, this line promotes formastrength which is a combination of creatine, bamboo extract and polymers to perfrom stregnth, stability and a lightweight protective film
- Smoothen, with cashmere extract and softening polymers, smoothen actively nourishes the hair protecting it from drying out
- Extra, these include the silver shampoo to help gold tones turn to ash and other high performance results with wellas high technologies to make your hair feel and look its healthiest.
Theres no escape for any female. At some point in all our lives ladies, we are going to be going through ‘the menopause’ with the most common symptons being:
- hot flushes
- night sweats
- hair thinning
Hairloss in women is because of a hormonal imbalance. However luckily for us, hairloss in women is more subtle than in men.
So, to help anyone of you in need of some advice here are our guidelines to maintaining the best out of your hair while going through the ‘change’
- Wash your hair 3 times a week with Nioxin Shampoo: put the Nioxin shampoo on your hair neat, massage and leave for 5 mins.
- Rinse off and re-shampoo with the Seavite Shampoo.
- Rinse off and apply the Moroccan Oil Conditioner to the mid-lengths and ends
- Once towel dried style with SP Perfect Hair and Moroccan Oil Treatment
Adjusting these things into your lifestyle can really encourage your hair to grow:
- A handful of walnuts and brazil nuts a day
- 3 x Avocados in your diet a week
- Upping your intake of iron with carbohydrates like broccoli, spinach, kale and cabbage
- Eat some seabass once a week
- Take a follic acid tablet once a day
We have got some great Moroccan Oil Christmas Gift Sets in the salon this year to accommodate every hair type.
There are 4 different types of mini travel kits they are Smooth, Volume, Repair and Hydrate.
Smooth: Includes 70ml smooth shampoo and conditioner, 75ml smoothing mask and 25ml Moroccan Oil.
Volume: Includes 70ml volume shampoo and conditioner, 75ml hydration mask and 25ml Moroccan Oil Light.
Repair: Includes 70ml moisture repair shampoo and conditioner, 75ml restorative hair mask and 25ml Moroccan Oil.
Hydrating: Includes 70ml hydrating shampoo and conditioner, 75ml hydrating mask, 25ml Moroccan Oil.
The other 2 types of luxury gift sets we have include a volume and a smoothing these are,
Smooth: 250ml smooth shampoo and conditioner, 75ml smooth mask and 25ml Moroccan Oil
Repair: Includes 100ml Moroccan Oil, 75ml Illuminating hairspray and 250ml root boost spray.
Stock is limited and these sets always sell out extremely quickly pop by the salon to find out more.