After this week, I’m sure we’ve all seen what the summer might hold for us. BBQs, going to the beach or sitting in the garden. Whatever it is, while you’re enjoying yourself, it is important to remember to take care of your wig and to be careful yourself. Here are some points to remember:
- Wear a hat with a large brim if you’re outside without your wig on. It is important to keep the sun off your face and out of your eyes.
- Sit in the shade when wearing your wig as you might overheat and wearing a hat over your piece can cause damage to the fibres.
- Wear a high factor sunscreen. You might have been able to handle the sun previously, but your skin has heightened sensitivity throughout chemotherapy treatment and is more easily burnt.
- If it is a fibre wig you have, the Soften n Sheen conditioner is more important now than ever. It will help to prevent any frizzing caused by the heat.
- If it is a human hair wig you have, a leave in conditioning and hydrating spray is a must to keep the hair moisturised, free from split ends and shiny.
In our wig studio we have a wide range of products to help you this summer. We stock Christine Headwear who have a large selection of pieces ranging from light linen scarfs and fabulous straw hats with UPV 50+, to vibrant turbans. All Christine Headwear products are made from natural materials such as bamboo-viscose, linen and cotton, because a sensitive scalp needs special and comfortable protection. We also stock the Seavite range with products such as Purifying & Volumising Shampoo, Revitalising Bath & Shower Gel and Soothing and Replinishing Face Cream.
Have fun and keep safe this summer!