As we come to the 2nd month of the year, we are well in the routine of clean eating and regular exercise. But like everyone, we find February can be harder to keep you motivated then January, especially as the weather stays grey and miserable. Here are our ‘Quick Tips’ of things we carry in our gym bags to help make the ‘getting ready for work’ routine easier and quicker.
- Showering at the gym. If swimming it is important to use a cleansing shampoo that will remove the chlorine build up. 2 shampoos are required- this may seem like its taking up time but will benefit the hair in the long run and make life easier when it comes to styling.
- Moroccan Oil 25ml. The small travel size Moroccan Oil is the perfect size for a gym bag, put a small amount through your hair after it has been washed and towel dried. The argan oil in this product makes it easier to detangle the hair and takes off 40% of the drying time-this can definitely speed up getting ready.
- The Wet Brush. Mostly to benefit longer hair; the bristles on this brush are much softer than others so will go through the hair better without pulling, this will avoid trying to use a comb through the tangles.
- For Men. The SP Gentle Shampoo is a must have as it is a shampoo and shower gel in one this saves packing 2 separate products. Our Dear Barber products are easy and simple to use to style your hair aswell.
- Hairbands, kirby grips and crocodile clips. These are essential for making life easier when getting ready in the morning. Crocodile clips can be used to section the hair when styling and also clip any fringes out the way when applying make up. Hairbands can be great if you do not want to style your hair and also keeping hair out of the way in the shower if you just need to wash a fringe or not wash your hair at all.
- Easy to apply make up! Most of us at the salon have our eyelashes done so this definitely takes off the mascara time, we find the eye power is great for quickly applying eyebrows which doesn’t leave much else to do!
Finally….Breakfast: If you have a busy job like us where you are on the go and constantly standing, we find it is very beneficial to have a high protein breakfast like an omelette with bacon, or a protein shake and banana, any food that adds fuel to the body and is slowly releasing energy is great for us hairdressers.
Its all about finding a routine that suits you and sticking to it! Here’s to the next healthy month 🙂 🙂 🙂