Here at the Christos Hair Group, we have lots of clients come to us with different forms of alopecia. Our Patient Hair Care Technicians have great knowledge and training when it comes to help and advise on hair loss and hair thinning.
There are different forms of Alopecia, all affecting both men and woman in different ways.
- Alopecia Totalis (AT) (Total loss of the hair on the scalp)
- Alopecia Universalis (AU) (Total loss of all hair on the body)
- Traction Alopecia – Traction alopecia is usually due to excessive pulling or tension on hair shafts as a result of certain hair styles. It is seen more often in women, particularly those of East Indian and Afro-Caribbean origin. Hair loss depends on the way the hair is being pulled. Prolonged traction alopecia can stop new hair follicles developing and lead to permanent hair loss.
- Scarring Alopecia (A form of alopecia which leaves scarring on the area of hair loss)
- Telogen Effluvium – A form of hair loss where more than normal amounts of hair fall out. There is a general ‘thinning’ of the hair. Unlike some other hair and scalp conditions, it is temporary and the hair growth usually recovers.
Sometimes Alopecia can be hereditary or can be triggered be hormone or thyroid imbalance or if your immune system is under attack. This stops the hair growth and thus will start to fall out. There is also believed to be a link between Alopecia and stress.
If your diet consists on less than 2000 calories a day this can have an impact on your hair growth. To make sure you have healthy hair growth you need to ensure that you have a good balanced diet.
Foods that are good to eat are; walnuts, Brazil Nuts and Avocado.
Solutions can range from:
- Alopecia Masking Creams
- Headpieces, designed specifically to add thickness that will cover patches.
- Full wigs
- A good hair cut
- A little colour
- A clever blow-dry can often camouflage problem areas
All of these solutions are possibilities that can help you deal and cope with your thinning hair and hair loss. We can always work with you to adapt what would suit you best.
Some elements that can cause hair loss and hair thinning are:
- Do you have a thyroid, hormone condition?
- Have you been, or are you going through the menopause?
- Do you have an auto immune system disorder?
- Are you on any medication, like heart or arthritis tablets, that may cause thinning hair?
- Are you suffering from chronic fatigue?
- Is your diet healthy, do you exercise and do you sleep well?
All of the above are possibilities that could affect your hair growth patterns.
We know how important it is for you and your day to day life to feel happy and confident within yourself, that is why our technicians will go through all the options and solutions that are right for you and your lifestyle. You can call us to book a free consultation and look at some of the solutions that we have on offer. Please do not hesitate to call us to make an appointment or for more information on: 01908 617266